-
Teen suspect Austin Thompson is expected to be tried as an adult at his trial later this year in Wake County Superior Court. The mass shooting took place in Raleigh’s Hedingham neighborhood.
-
A Wake County Superior Court judge ruled Wednesday morning that Austin Thompson, the suspect in the Oct. 2022 mass shooting in northeast Raleigh, should be tried as an adult.
-
The Raleigh Police Department on Thursday released video footage from police-worn body cameras that show a chaotic scene as officers cornered the suspect who shot and killed five people, and wounded two others, in the Hedingham Neighborhood on Oct. 13.
-
Raleigh police spent days collecting and analyzing details from a shooting on Oct. 13, 2022, that left five people dead and two others injured. Now, officials have published new details on the shooting in a preliminary report.
-
Families and friends of the five mass shooting victims in Raleigh are putting together plans — and raising money — to say their final goodbyes.
-
Alan and Elise Thompson issued the statement Tuesday through a lawyer that acknowledged the pain caused by their son, Austin. They say they mourn for the five killed, including another son, James, who was among those slain.
-
The Raleigh police department says there will be a public visitation and funeral service for Officer Gabriel Torres, who was killed in last week's mass shooting. The visitation is Friday and the funeral will be on Saturday in Raleigh.
-
Police say a 15-year-old boy turned the gently curving streets of a Raleigh neighborhood and nearby greenway into a killing zone. When the shooting was over Thursday, five people were dead.
-
Under state law, cases involving juveniles charged with felonies may be transferred to superior court but different sentencing schemes may apply
-
The address followed recent mass shootings in New York, Texas and Oklahoma. Biden said the measures aren't about taking away rights, but about protecting Americans.